2 comments
Wednesday, June 14, 2006



2 comments I now HATTEEE from hearing them so often.

1) I am out somewhere with my son. someone stops me and says "ohh cute baby" and I am smiling like an idiot here as though I personally acheived his cuteness. then they say is he your DAUGHTER and I am like no he is my SON. so far I am not really annoyed. then they are like oooohh but you're so young.. you're only 18 or 19 aren't you? now I am annoyed lol.. and I go like noo I am 27 years old. and they just give me this blank look.

ok I know this is stupid. I mean everyone tells me in a few years time I will appreciate looking younger than my age. but you get treated differently when people think you are still a teenager, they don't pay attention to you in shops, and they disregard everything you say as though being young means your stupid. I think I should wear a badge with my age on it.. or maybe.. I should stop wearing those jeans and t-shirt and start dressing my age. oh well

2) I am out with my son and someone comments saying "who does he look like" and I go like he's a mix between me his father and his grandmother. they nod. then they pause. and finally they say "but how come he so much whiter than you" !!!! **&^%$#@! now what do you say to that? shall I comment " oh well you know I was having an affair with this white guy and that's why he's this color" of course not. so I just smile blandly.

Image hosting by Photobucket




11 comment(s):

LOL I can't believe someone would say the white comment! That's so stupid of them! I don't blame you for being annoyed..

As for the younger one.. I guess it depends on how you dress Mys, cos when I've seen you you looked your age and not too young to have a baby either.

Besides, its not like baby A is a 10 year old kid. Ppl are just silly sometimes I guess.

By Blogger Samyah, at 5:06 PM  

Hehe.. I think.. I envy you.. Funny enough I got the "Are you 28 years old?" Comment today.. *rolleyes*.. "err.. no..I'm only 22" then awkward silence.. then it's like "OMG! I would have never guessed! You look so much older! You're still a kid!"... ugh

Anyway... I kind of hate it when people who don't know the whole family ask the "who do you look like?" question.. I mean.. If I said my dad, or my mom or my granny.. would you even know the difference.. eh..

By Blogger Blind Melon, at 8:11 PM  

LOOOOLLL!!!... Mys with all my respect (and i know u'll hate me saying this!) but this is 1 of the reasons why i left Oman and would never live there... as u know I worked there for a year and walla like we say: "ma 3indehom thoq"... I'm not talking about every1 ofcourse but i'm talking about most of the people I dealt with... and yes i'm talking about patients AND doctors... ofcourse yr friends and family will have to be different... i guess the only thing i can say is try ignoring... otherwise u'll either get into depression like i did or u'll leave the country (also like i did!!!)

By Blogger MiMi, at 10:28 PM  

guys you will not believe how often i get the "white" comment about my son. i keep reading quran over him because of these comments.. some people are just strange. at the beginning i would find it amusing .. now i just get annoyed.

By Blogger Mystique, at 3:29 PM  

some people will continue to be ignorant you shouldt be upset but feel pity for them

By Blogger Kay, at 12:08 AM  

This is like reading my mother's thoughts- the second comment that you hate receiving. She is a bit dark while I'm fair as I took the color of my skin from my dad.

My mother told me a similar story with "whiteness". She went to a gathering and there were people there who she hasn't seen in ages. She was carrying me around and as a kid; I thought I was adopted because I looked different than my family members. Anyways, they asked my mom who was I? She replied "She's my daughter." They replied, "no no really, who's she?" My mum kept on telling them that I'm her daughter. After a few attempts, they still didn't believe her, so she told them uncaringly "Yeah, I had an affair with an American man while I was in the States and this is his daughter!!!"

When she told me that, I was like mum, now they think I'm illegitimate. My mother said, she didn't care, because she was sick and tired of them indirectly calling her a liar when she repeatedly told them that I was her daughter.

Oh well, take it as a compliment that you were able to produce an adorable child and you still look amazingly young ;)

By Blogger Lym, at 1:52 AM  

regarding your son's hair.. i total agree.. its too long and its need to be shaved instantly.. i saw a clip of your son playing and his hair was... long.. so i think me and Mr. Mac 5 here have a job to do.

If you will not shave his hair.. i will..

the skin colour of your son confused me.. especially the last two weeks.. you see, i have two photos of your son. one of them he is white and the other.. well, he is dark.. the picture you disply, he is a bit dark yet he is really white in real life..

By Blogger Det. Conan, at 8:48 AM  

I find it kinda weird that a lot of the comments here are telling you what to do, giving advice when you probably just wanted to rant lool ..

By Blogger Samyah, at 9:44 AM  

Its really Weried
Nunu is mashallah 3aleeeh 7aboob but grl honeslty
when we went out that day me n grl Sh. i didnt feel liek nunuis this flashhhhh whihte and u r this darkkkkk darkkkkkk.. i didnt even feel he is that fair to be surrprised at! he was coooool nice lookign young man..ok boy.. ok baby :P ..

Donno but i felt nunu colour is cooool not that weired to be seen in ur hands!

By Blogger FerreroRoche, at 10:57 AM  

another point!
U always have this awkwardness toward ur looks without makeup or anything coz u r afraid u will look younger! U must be dumboooooooo!
Grl gimme those looks ,, i wont mind if i look 10 years younger hehehehe even from nowww..

So what if they see u soo young thats coooool
and once they talk to u they will know that u r not a baby .. i mean u have a mind ;) even if u r young!

Beside why i dotn face this feeling of being ignored or not cared about coz of age? hummmmm maybe coz in Oman u r really always ignored! heheheheheh i mean shops anyweher .. we still dont have that much of cutsomer service thingi ..but it is getting beta..

So gurll all in all
u shud be happy about both thngs okkkkkk :p

Ur nunu mashallahhhh so fair
and u mashallah so youngggggg ;)

By Blogger FerreroRoche, at 11:01 AM  

det conan.. you are not coming near my son with ur mach 5 :P so forget it.. lool

you know ferrero.. i never felt it was odd either but so many people comment about it.. its like there are no white babies left in oman or something that they have to comment on my little one lol

lym i loved ur mother's comment .. she has guts.. one day i just might say that too

By Blogger Mystique, at 11:03 AM  

location.href=https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=15736175&postID=115028867506921391;> Post a comment

<< Home

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket