Teletubbies Hypnosis
Monday, May 22, 2006



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Every morning my son watches Teletubbies on Space toon. and he is totally mesmerised, hypnotised glued to the tv by it and i mean TOTALLY. I watch it with my son and all i hear is these Teletubbies saying Hi or Bye or giggle or heeeeyyy in their squeeky voices ..and of course the teletubbies song at the beginning.. not to forget the sun with the baby face that giggles as well..

I hate this show but apparently its a worldwide hit and every mother swears by the magic of teletubbies and how it helps their kids relax and stay still for the 20 minutes of the show. I admit its amazing to see my son actually sit and watch it but i wonder what the appeal is?

is it the bright colors? the childish acts? or is there something we have no idea about .. some kind of hidden hypnosis in this show that we don't see but kids see !! lol

I am beginning to believe that last one.

Image hosting by Photobucket




13 comment(s):

careful apparently the purple one is gay! lol

By Blogger Kay, at 4:04 PM  

LOL... I think it's the movement! or maybe they wonder where the sound comes from... I noticed that no matter what is on tv they're just hooked!... adorable sej :)

By Blogger MiMi, at 11:48 PM  

my son must be out of this world!
He doesnt watch any such cartoon or children programs..
He only stands still when they show "Athan" or call for pray.. he stands infront of TV n keeps saying "Allaaaaa"

We dotn get Teletubbies at home! we dotn have spacetoon..on which dish they show it grl?
But the barber where we take nunu, has these small TVs and all thy show is this teletubbies which never caught nunu's eyes! Hummm except for last time! where he sat waiting n suddenly saw teletubbies and i think he kinda started being hyponised when his turn came and there he went crying and fighting all scared from cutting his hair!

I wish if i can make nunu get hooked to at least on baby program so u know he has some rest from all thsi running all daaaaaay long!!

By Blogger FerreroRoche, at 8:14 AM  

The teletubbies RULE!! They are the gayest, lamest, strangest characters the media has ever come up with. I don't know what baby A's obession with it is but for me its the way they make me howl with laughter at how silly it gets.

My brothers and I used to get up early in the morning and sit and watch it together just to point out stupid stuff and laugh.

But Mys, it might be a good idea to introduce him to Barney instead :p He's more educational and teaches about family values. And he's colorful and huge and purple too!! Besides, anything is better than those tiny freaks hehe

By Blogger Samyah, at 8:34 AM  

lol i heard about that gay thing when it first started airing in the UK but there is nothing that portrays that in the show,,

He does watch Barney as well postman pat and bob the mechanic.. nothing else cartoon wise captures his attention

buuttt.. he's obsessed with nancy ajram sits still whenever her songs come out .. that and a silly song called noussou noussou baba annddd a nasheed called salawat by masoud something .. varied taste indeed !!!

By Blogger Mystique, at 11:05 AM  

heheheh Oracleee
donnoooooo but god noooooo inshallah he wont turn out to be a terrorist! :s thu 7aram ya3ni anyone listens to pray call is a terrorist :( :p ,, i knw u r joking :P

Mystique grl u r second one who says her son loves that anasheed also Lamz grl told me same with her son! i gota have this chanel! what chanel shows these anasheed grl

By Blogger FerreroRoche, at 12:34 PM  

Oh no.. not that Nancy freak. You gotta stop him, she's a horrible portrayal of a woman!!

Put him in front of Oprah instead or something along those lines :p More successful strong woman rather than plastic sex symbol lol

By Blogger Samyah, at 3:41 PM  

lol... I wish I saw it to be able to judge... I've never watched any of that as a kid... that's if it was made by then...
however i remember watching all the old anime and disney cartoons... and I remember dying over them.
bottomline is ... whatever gives an education to kids even languagewise is worth letting them watch... and ofcourse the entertainment makes them happy... I see the different colored species are fun :p I guess if your son likes it so much, give him the pleasure :p

By Blogger TripleTee, at 3:27 AM  

Hahaha. Purple is Gay. Therefore Barney is gay too *Oops*

I think for now it's okay for the a toddler to watch such cartoons. When he grows a bit older and is actually able to comprehend and speak, then I guess He should be encouraged to watch cartoons of substance.

What happened to Sesame Street? That was a great show.

By Blogger Lym, at 6:48 AM  

Nancy? Tubbies? Oh no sis you're ruining him!! He will need some serious madonna and winnie the pooh lessons when I come back.

By Blogger Unknown, at 3:30 AM  

Sounds more like brain washing, which only works on kids...

By Blogger Hamood, at 4:32 PM  

my cousin's kids are addicted to barney .. my cousin got her boy the cds and once he saw the cover he started jumping and singing like him lool

By Blogger Arabian Princess, at 5:55 PM  

lol nabhan, i tried the madonna thing he only likes arabic songs :P so it won't work hehehe

i am planning on buying a barney cd for him.. i figure its better he watch that than nancy ajram on tv !!!

By Blogger Mystique, at 9:58 AM  

location.href=https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=15736175&postID=114828939683038161;> Post a comment

<< Home

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket