Fear Factor
Tuesday, August 29, 2006



My aunt (mother's sister) passed away a few days ago (allah yir7amha) and it was a sudden thing. she was in her 60s and she never complained from any sickness until a heart attack claimed her.

the ironic thing about death is the way people react to it. the first question is,, "was she sick?" if the answer is yes you see this weird look of ashamed relief on people's faces ..because they think.. "ok i am not sick.. so i am somehow 'safe' from death"..

then there is the other answer " no she wasn't sick and it was sudden" and you see the pause .. the fear crossing their faces as they think.. "it could have been me.. i could be next" and they start re-evaluating their lives.. wondering if they have done good.. if they are ready.. and of course the answer is NO.

very very few people are actually ready for death.. i remember my grandmother "allah yir7amha" when she was in the beginning of her sickness ,, she said she was ready to die.. this was just after my grandfather passed away and she was very calm about it.. and my mother in law also says she is ready to meet god.. that kind of comfortable confidence is rare,, and somehow i envy it.. as I am not ready.. and don't see myself being ready anytime soon.. i am selfish.. i want to live.. i want to see my child grow up.. i want my husband to grow old with me.. i feel i deserve that.. but we never know what will happen and when it will happen.

may god be with all of us.

Image hosting by Photobucket




6 comment(s):

So sorry to hear about your Aunt sweetheart... I hope you and your family are all doing OK.

--

About meeting God, I guess I'm like you in the sense that I'm selfish and want to live more and more. But I think most ppl who are young and have much left to do are the same..

By Blogger Samyah, at 4:46 PM  

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

By Blogger MiMi, at 10:37 PM  

3a'6am allah ajrech...
regarding death, why would you consider youself "selfish" that you wanna live?... God has given us this life to live it... our time will come so don't feel guilty about living :p enjoy it to the max!

By Blogger MiMi, at 10:41 PM  

always remember that life is the first stage of the complete picture. you got two stages left to go.

as long as you keep your life bar full of good deeds than you will be fine.

don't attach yourself strongly to life. it is a very serious thing. you may lose it all in a matter of seconds. remember that you are being tested after all.

Don't worry yourself too much. just take good care of your life bar and God will do the rest.

By Blogger Det. Conan, at 9:03 AM  

Allah yer7amha ,, wo ye'3mad roo7haa el-janna


my uncle died also on 11 Aug ,, he was sick , suddenly got sick and admitted in hospital the next day my father talked to him on phone( as he lives in a different country not Oman) ,,my father wanted to fly to him but my uncle said no need am feeling better,, so my dad stopped then nxt day my uncle got more sick so my dad flied on thursday,,my uncle died on Friday night! i talked ot my dad at 8 pm on friday asking about my uncle, my dad had just left the hospitaln was going to hotel and he said uncle is ok but sick ,,at 10 pm same night my cuzn(uncle son) called and spread teh sad news of my uncle death :~(
i was expectign him to come this ramadhan to sepnd it with us,, he was sayign if i come will your son (1 and half years old) come to pick me ? ,, he was a very very very nice guy,, and i can say that he was 100% ready to meet god! but i wasnt ready to let go of him yet! ( i dont think we ever be ready to let go of anyone or even of our lives!)

Whats sad is that some ppl still think that they would live the entire time! they dont even stop, pause think, re-evaluate themselves!

i miss my uncle so much! everyday i go to hoem n i really feel how he used to be in 7osh ready to go to pray for 3a9ur! aaahhhh

allah yer7amuh ..

this whole thign made more attached to my father!

Allahumma a7yyenee ma damat el-7ayatu khairan lee wa amitnee ma dam almawoto ra7atun lee

By Blogger FerreroRoche, at 10:33 AM  

A7san allah 3azakum.
This is the thing about life, everything is written for each and every one of us. All we can really do is get along with it.

By Blogger SteLLa, at 11:41 PM  

location.href=https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=15736175&postID=115685482543353635;> Post a comment

<< Home

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket