My brother the balloon boy
Tuesday, April 18, 2006



Image hosting by Photobucket

While sitting at my parent's house yesterday watching my son play with my sister's birthday helium balloon.. we remembered my brother who used to be obsessed with balloons ( and still is i think - some balloons in his artwork) and i felt very nostalgic (again i know!!! signs of getting older).

My brother was this positively cute chubby little kid whose big eyes would go all red if he didn't get a balloon from the exhibition when we went as kids. I now wonder why my parents ever refused a child such a small thing.. kids nowadays ask for playstations etc when all he wanted was a 1 rial helium balloon.

I remember saving up from my allowance so that i can buy him the balloon as i couldn't bear to see him crying or sad. I fell in love with my bro from the moment i first saw him. I still remember when my mother brought him back from the hospital very very clearly although i was only 2 and a hald years old !!

this is dedicated to my brother who will always be that balloon boy in my eyes. May god guide him in his life and may he find peace within.

Image hosting by Photobucket




3 comment(s):

Err , mushy post alert! lol

well that's very sweet sis and I don't even know what to say to it. As you know I'm not very good with mushiness or compliments..but that was very moving. :)

You should Take a pick of eddy playing with the balloon.

By Blogger Unknown, at 3:44 PM  

Yea he is rude
Forgive him

By Blogger Luisa , at 4:42 PM  

don't i know it.. typical him :P

By Blogger Mystique, at 9:46 AM  

location.href=https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=15736175&postID=114536170529163253;> Post a comment

<< Home

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket