Wobbly Times
Tuesday, November 07, 2006



A friend asked about my 13 month old son and I told her he's walking now but he's still a bit wobbly .. She asked me if I feel excited or scared now that's he walking around the house ,,

I feel a little of both .. I am excited to see him developing especially after months of comparison and comments about 'how late he was in walking' or 'how lazy he must be even though he's not an big kid' I heard those comments and so did he.. People don't seem to realize how sensitive children are or how much they understand.. Everything he would hear the tone change when people said to him he is 'kasoool' (lazy) he would hide his face and stick to me.. and my heart used to break..

now that he has started moving about I do hear the occasional "daloo3" comment because he's still not stable on his feet and I just want to shout out.. "leave him alone" ,, but of course I smile and make no comments..

oh but that little kid is a terror.. He is trying to run rather than walk and he pulls everything in sight.. and apparently he finds even the smallest things on the floor and puts it in his mouth then runs when you try to take it out.. when u do he gives u the cheekiest smile ever just to make u laugh.. ends it with "dubaa" then runs again lol..

but this time is hellish for parents.. he walks but is still wobbly so u sit holding ur breath knowing he is going to fall and just hope he doesn't hit anything or get hurt.. because he will fall and there is nothing u can do about it ..

so yeah I guess I am excited and scared as my son goes through his wobbly times.

Image hosting by Photobucket




8 comment(s):

My Nephew is still wobbly too, he is around the same age as your son .. he will walk run and hit something and will start crying "wa wa" .. my sister get all worked out when he goes here and there .. I keep telling her its the way he discover the world .. if he didnt fall .. he will not know that falling causes pain .. you should give him a bit of freedom (I know its eaiser said when you are not the mother :p )

By Blogger Arabian Princess, at 10:51 PM  

I can't believe people are talking crap like that to you and to him! Talk about stupidity, ugh that really pissed me off. Mys you should say something to them, seriously.

By Blogger Samyah, at 8:13 AM  

Ohhh grll so u r goign thru this time ,, remebr when i used to tell that at this stage now u will see each and every corner/edg of each and everything in ur home.. not only the fear of him falling but the fear if he hits himself with table edge or TV or door .. all in alll very scary and tiry process for parents and very joyfull for babies.. now they feel they have freedom.. to some extent that is..

Dont worry grll this wobbly stage wont last for long,,soon he will be stable,, and tht would be even more scarier to u heehhe coz now he will try with confiednce to climb high things,, stairs,, u just name it,, run ,, aaahh so grl be prepared lolllllll..

By Blogger FerreroRoche, at 8:34 AM  

Reminds me when i first met Nabeel.. he always used to run around and causing trouble.

Just stay cool.

one more thing, it is pretty early for him to walk.

By Blogger Det. Conan, at 9:02 AM  

I think I was told I started walking a little late and always ended up falling.
he'll learn by time, I did :p... so I'm sure he'll make it... walk him... even if it takes longer than usual or doesn't start out that well... his wobbliness will go by time.
however I do agree to one thing. I'd replace the silent smile you give to people who comment like that with a counterattack. simply say they're wrong and he's anything but lazy and give him a smile. can you do that? lol. seeing you stand up for him will encourage him.Cuz comments like that and seeing his reaction can piss a person off.

oh well...that being said... wish u good luck...lol

By Blogger TripleTee, at 11:32 PM  

i would stand reply back if i thought something good would come out of it.. but if it's someone close and older.. then i guess i have to keep my mouth shut and try to understand that it it their way of encouragment.. the closer the person is the less i can say about it.. i can just give off my pissed off look and leave it at that lol..

By Blogger Mystique, at 10:30 AM  

7abibi, when I was reading your post, I kept imagining him walking and falling on his butt!

I noticed that boys generally develop slower than girls [from watching my cousins], is there any truth in that?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:13 PM  

I remember when my nephew first started walking all wobbly, I would worry about him falling all the time!! I would run to pick him up everytime he walked towards something that could hurt him and I would watch out for every step he took whenever he was around. If I, the aunt, was this worried, I wonder how hard it was for his mum. I don't blame you coz I saw what my sis went through, it did NOT look fun. :s

By Blogger SteLLa, at 5:51 PM  

location.href=https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=15736175&postID=116289094647209191;> Post a comment

<< Home

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket